About Me

My photo
I am older than dirt but still moving. Married to George for over 35 years, have two adult children whom I adore but still don't like. Mom to Gunnar, a rat terrier with computer knowledge who regularly opens files and browsers on my desk top. I love to read. My Kindle is usually smoking from over-use. I'd rather be camping than doing much of anything else.

Saturday, August 22, 2020

just the facts, Ma'am

 Okay....Fandango (a bloggery buddy from WP) let me know that one needed a Google acct in order to make a comment in the blog. 

Well, that's just plain discriminatory...........at least to me. What if someone doesn't WANT a Google account?

After looking through the settings for all of about 10 seconds, I found the little gizmo that allows anyone to comment.

Thanks Fang for letting me know.

The editor here in Blogger is almost the same as the WP-admin editor..just a bit easier. I still have all the same bells and whistles I had over at WP, just not as many choices on themes as I had......ah well, sometimes one gives up pretty for easy.

I find it easier to post to social media here on Blogger. Not as many steps to take to have things go where I want them to go.

The editor is essentially the same as it was when I first began blogging many years ago.......

Gravitar works here.....so I can easily see who is commenting and know instantly this is one of my buddies or a total stranger.  That's nice.

The only downside so far is that I now need to send email invites to all my followers and they may not want to receive email notifications about the blog....or from it.....or whatever. And so it goes.

Half a dozen good things, one or two great things and a few total annoyances. Welcome to Blogging!

No comments:

Post a Comment

It's getting better all the time.........

 Well, I was certainly depressed on December the 5th...Life has become a bit more bearable. I am finally sleeping and (almost) getting enoug...