About Me

My photo
I am older than dirt but still moving. Married to George for over 35 years, have two adult children whom I adore but still don't like. Mom to Gunnar, a rat terrier with computer knowledge who regularly opens files and browsers on my desk top. I love to read. My Kindle is usually smoking from over-use. I'd rather be camping than doing much of anything else.

Sunday, August 23, 2020

Sunday Morning

 This morning arrived with bright blue skies, a cool breeze and the sound of songbirds.

George had made a pot of coffee (will wonders NEVER cease?) and we shared a cup on the back porch.

Gold finches, rose finches, sparrows, cedar waxwings and a few orioles blessed us by sharing breakfast..Pyewacket lounging on George's lap and paying zero attention to the birds.

A squirrel snuck through the fence to feast on the remains of the last cantaloupe and watermelon from the garden, constantly aware of Pye's location.

Hummingbirds finally noticed the feeders hanging near the grave sites of two pets lost to us but never forgotten. They happily buzzed about and drank their fill.

It was a glorious way to start the week.



1 comment:

It's getting better all the time.........

 Well, I was certainly depressed on December the 5th...Life has become a bit more bearable. I am finally sleeping and (almost) getting enoug...