About Me

My photo
I am older than dirt but still moving. Married to George for over 35 years, have two adult children whom I adore but still don't like. Mom to Gunnar, a rat terrier with computer knowledge who regularly opens files and browsers on my desk top. I love to read. My Kindle is usually smoking from over-use. I'd rather be camping than doing much of anything else.

Wednesday, August 26, 2020

i knew it would be difficult

 rebuilding a blog on a different site....I knew I'd feel a bit lost...but for some reason it never occurred to me that I would feel lonely.

For those who do not blog, bloggers want to have people reading their work..or looking at their photos..or trying their recipes or advice.

They interact with people who "follow" their blog..through comments mostly, sometimes through mutual challenges.

One "follows" either through an email subscription or by a "feed' into a community page.

My former blog has a community page where I could easily stay posted on what my followers, and those bloggers I followed were sharing. It became a huge "family".

But, in moving, I lost my followers. Oh they knew where I was going (I told them), but few have followed me over. (they are busy...sigh...yea right Suze)

And I miss them. 

I considered attempting to make a "community page" where everyone could post through an rss feed...but just because I know what words to use doesn't mean I have the slightest idea how to actually DO IT.

So, I just keep hoping that someone somewhere sees a post and thinks "I should follow her" and actually subscribe.

In the meantime, I'll just keep blathering on and wishing for a friend or two to pop in and just say hello.

3 comments:

It's getting better all the time.........

 Well, I was certainly depressed on December the 5th...Life has become a bit more bearable. I am finally sleeping and (almost) getting enoug...