About Me

My photo
I am older than dirt but still moving. Married to George for over 35 years, have two adult children whom I adore but still don't like. Mom to Gunnar, a rat terrier with computer knowledge who regularly opens files and browsers on my desk top. I love to read. My Kindle is usually smoking from over-use. I'd rather be camping than doing much of anything else.

Tuesday, December 5, 2023

what is the point?

 I am learning how to rely on friends instead of reliance upon George. This is one of the most difficult things I have ever tried to learn.

For so many years it has been George to whom I relied...for assistance, for support, for feedback on my concerns. Now that George is gone I have to rely on others.

There have been three or four people over my lifetime that I could rely upon...I consider myself lucky to have had so many. Thank goodness that I have a couple of very close friends that I can go to now. 

I had dental surgery yesterday, and was so grateful that Angela was able to spend not only the day, but all of last night with me. Thanks to my screwy metabolism I do very poorly whenever I have anesthesia of any kind. I suffer from digestive problems as well as feeling like my brain has simply been fried for hours afterwards. My memory is affected...negatively. I can not be relied upon to take medications properly. I am so grateful Ang was available to take care of it all for me.

Today I am fully functional, or as close to it as I can get...and once again have taken over my own care.  So, it was back to paying bills, paying property taxes, sorting medications for the coming week and just generally taking care of the day to day chores.

I have the added "fun" of filling in all the tunnels Nala has dug next to the back fence in her constant quest for freedom. The fence is starting to look like a rock wall instead of a chain link....but if it keeps George's crazy dog in the yard it is okay.

I've somehow manage to get several large housekeeping chores done with a minimum of expense. The roof is repaired with new shingles and sheathes... Two electrical sockets have been repaired inside the house, and George's shed is almost cleared out. I still need to transport 300 some models to the museum, and 400 military books to various museums...but I can see the light at the end of George's tunnel.

I still have to find a new home for his keyboard. I don't play anymore as I have forgotten how to read the music necessary for playing it. So a new home is needed.

Through all of this change, I still feel as though I am slogging through knee deep mud. So far, it is just one awful day after another with no ending in sight.  I still feel like less than half a human...and I wonder how long this lasts.  Will it ever get better, or is this what will be for each day of the rest of my life? if this is it....WHAT THE HELL IS THE POINT?

1 comment:

  1. I love you and will always be there for you!! this too will become clear as time goes on my friend to what normal is supposed to be for us

    ReplyDelete

It's getting better all the time.........

 Well, I was certainly depressed on December the 5th...Life has become a bit more bearable. I am finally sleeping and (almost) getting enoug...